Monday, May 16, 2011

What's new...

Well, lets see.
As far as MOPS goes...
I am officially the Creative Activities coordinator for next year (June 2011-June 2012). I am very excited to be part of the "Steering team" or core team.

Thursday May 19th will be our 10th wedding anniversary. I can't believe it's been 10 years...I can't believe we've been together 12 1/2 years. We are celebrating on Saturday.  Since we are not ready to leave the kids with anyone over night, we are spending the whole day (saturday) doing all the fun things that we can't do with the kids...or just don't have the time to do!

Last Monday I had my IUD removed. THANK GOD! That was awful and I don't wish it's evil upon anyone.  When the doctor went to go remove it, she couldn't find the strings so she had to "dig" for them. I was bleeding pretty bad. Other than the pain from the removal, I felt better.  It was not sitting right and I didn't like its nasty side effects. Apparently another side affect was weight gain and bloating. I've dropped 5 pounds since having it removed and I'm even on the pill.
I love my new pill, I'm on ortho-tri cyclen lo.  It mimics a natural cycle and so far I feel great on it.

Keegan is now 4 months old! At his well - baby visit we weighs 14lbs 3.5oz and is 24.5 in long. He is sitting up supported, can roll over from his back and from his tummy. He has a beautiful strawberry blond hair and blue eyes. And the greatest laugh and smile.  Keegan's tear duct is still blocked...and I'm going crazy with all the infections he's getting.  My house is clean and sanitary but he still gets infections. I've even tried breastmilk...it's supposed to help. lol
He is still on Prevacid for his acid reflux, and it is truly a Godsend. He is my happy little guy, but without it he is totally miserable.

Aidan is growing up way too fast and has been asking to use the toilet. I have sat him on the toilet but he doesn't do anything. So it's time to buy him his own toilet. I don't want to discourage him but I also want to make sure he is really ready. Dinosaur underwear here we come!
Aidan is quite the gentleman, he plays well with others and is a joy to be around (even according to other moms). I've never met a 2 year that shares so well and can express emotions. He tell me that Keegan is sad when he cries. When he's mad, he folds his arms and says "i mad". He is very empathic to others as well. When there is another child crying, he will try to cheer them up by bringing them a toy or start playing with them.  He is such a blessing!!

I guess that's all I've got.  My book is coming along but with such limited time...it will take a while. But Rome wasn't built in a day.

1 comment:

atessoff said...

I think a fun creative activity for your MOPS group would be to have a Thirty-One party at one of the meetings:) I know a great Thirty-One consultant:)