Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sigh.

Today I have nothing witty or inspiring to say.
Today is one of those days I want to retreat to my safe place.
Today I have no strength or fight in me.
Today I am NOT perfect.
Today I feel I've been given too much to handle.
Today I feel alone. 
Today I am tired of walking on crumbs on the floor.
Today we are still in our pajamas.

I wasn't going to write a blog at all.  I feel I have nothing to give or to offer anyone else. But after thinking about it, sometimes its nice to hear how "not perfect" other mother's are. It's so easy to look in from the outside and see how perfect everything is in someone else's life.  When really that person feels as the walls are crumbling in.
Today is my not perfect day and that's okay.

In college, my major was psychology however my passion was literature. To be more specific Women's Literature. In fact, I took all the literature classes I could and my last semester I took a 400 level Woman's lit class my freshman year of college. I was one of 6 students and it was the most AMAZING class. My professor was an inspiration to me. She also introduced me to Maya Angelou. What an amazing experience. But I'm off topic now.

One of the books my professor had us read was The Awakening by Kate Chopin. An amazing book that I have read and re-read every year, because every time I read it I get something else out of it. It is not a happy book, it a real, raw look inside a womans' mind and it ends beautifully tragic.
I think it's time for me to re-read it.

One of my favorite bands right now is Mumford & Sons...and I've been listening to this song while I write my blog. And I wanted to share it with you. I really like "The Cave" and "Little Lion Man" as well.

Have a great day friends.

1 comment:

Jen said...

We all have those days. Sometimes more than one in a row- ha ha! Hang in there :) PS, I too love Mumford and Sons!